We are all spending more time at home lately and missing certain aspects of daily living. Though many of our favorite retreats are starting to open up again, you might have thought once or twice about how you can get the same “ahhhh” feeling at home.
The best part is, the transformation doesn’t require a major remodel. Think about all the things you look forward to when you visit the spa. Think clean, serene, and calming, and you’re on the right path.
To help you embrace your inner Zen, we’ve got a few tips on how to bring the spa feeling home.
Bringing the Outdoors In
Many of the world’s most beautiful spas embrace natural beauty, emphasizing organic features like plants, water features, stone, and wood. Creating a spa-like atmosphere in your home can be as simple as adding some of these materials as accents.
Here are some ideas:
- Swap out natural wood for shelving, bathmats, or even your bathroom floor. Teak is an excellent choice, but cedar lends a lovely aromatic quality that is as calming as it is beautiful.
- Keep it tidy. Choose built-in storage over open shelving to keep surfaces clear and uncluttered.
- Embrace openness. A spacious, airy feel is possible, even in smaller spaces. If you have a lot of windows, this is easy – but if you don’t, lots of mirrors and a neutral color palette will help.
- Lighting sets the mood. Lighting should be soft and adjustable. Choose wall sconces with soft, adjustable LED lighting to illuminate all corners of the room. Install dimmer switches so you can set the mood.
- Display your spa products. No spa would be complete without a selection of carefully curated wellness products. An aromatherapy diffuser helps you tailor the experience according to your mood. A variety of personal care products and essential oils can be displayed on open shelving or in a recessed niche. Scented candles are both mood-enhancing and therapeutic.
- Go green with a selection of tropical plant life. Plants enhance air quality, and they also add a welcome touch of nature. Choose plants that do well with the level of light in your spa room. Philodendron, bamboo, orchids, ferns, and pothos are all excellent, low-maintenance choices.
The Big Stuff: Tubs and Showers
If you want to go full-out on your spa remodel, there are many exciting appliances and fixtures that will help complete your vision.
A soaking tub is one of the best ways to melt your stress away. Modern options include jet tubs, and even chromotherapy tubs, which use color to soothe the mood and stimulate the senses.
If a shower is more your style, think about a walk-in spa shower, perhaps with a rain showerhead, dual showerheads, or a multi-jet shower system that envelopes you from all angles.
If a steam shower is more your style, be sure to build in a seat so you can sit back and relax while the steam works its magic.
Are You Ready For Your Spa Makeover?
When you are ready to start your spa remodel, Touchstone is here to help. Reach out today, and let’s talk about transformation.